Curriculum and Instruction
Implement, monitor, and evaluate Year 2 of the Strategic Plan for 2013-2018.
Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of positions allocated to target specific campus needs.
Narrow the achievement gap on STAAR between phase-in performance standards and recommended and advanced performance standards.
Improve the performance of special education students at all levels by ensuring appropriate instructional arrangements.
Improve the performance of English Language Learners by focusing on effective instructional strategies.
Improve the quality of instruction and assessment and ensure student access to courses in advanced academics to improve the percent of students meeting criteria on AP, SAT and ACT exams.
Continue to explore the establishment of an Early College High School.
Continue to expand dual credit opportunities for students at all NISD high schools – including the expansion of offerings for Construction Careers Academy students.
Continue to explore options for online course offerings.
- Evaluate the impact of character education programs.
- Improve security through a district-wide Safety Committee that will review safety equipment, personnel, and procedures, as well as facility audits.
- Continue focus on improving four-year graduation rates.
Business and Finance
- Align fiscal resources to support the District’s core mission and maintain a strong financial position.
- Provide strategic planning models to ensure sustainable budgets and long term financial stability.
- Maximize tax savings opportunities to ensure future debt capacity to support the long term growth of the District.
- Implement and evaluate a sound employment process to recruit, screen and hire effective personnel for all campuses and departments.
- Continue the implementation of a plan for minority recruiting, hiring, and career progression.
- Maintain a compensation package and a benefits plan that are competitive.
- Communicate regularly about the status of school bond projects (2010 and 2014).
- Advocate for public education generally as well as promote the Go Public initiative.
- Educate the staff and community about the challenges facing NISD, as well as about the successes.
- Communicate regularly with elected officials who represent NISD’s interests.
- Gauge the level of support and/or needs of Foundation donors, business and community partners via an online survey.
- Successfully transition into new Instructional Technology Staffing model.
- Continue collaboration with Curriculum and Instruction to develop a vision for the effective use of technology devices for both students and staff.
- Implement a system that tracks the timely deployment, training and effective use of instructional technology.
Facilities and Operations
- Provide regular updates on bond progress to the community.
- Begin planning and/or construction for schools from the 2014 bond program utilizing CHPS (Collaborative for High Performance Schools) green-building program.
- Begin planning and construction on 2014 Bond identified projects including, but not limited to, Kallison Ranch High School, FM 471 #3 Area Elementary School, and several infrastructure projects.