Advancement Via Individual Determination
Strives to Prepare Students for College and...
- Accepted to the four year institution of their choice
- Determine the financial means to pay for college
- Develope the confidence to excel in college, and
- Completion of a university degree
Mission of AVID
- Will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
- Will complete a rigorous college preparatory path,
- Will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- Will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges,
- Will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's systemic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase schoolwide/districtwide learning and performance.
We believe that every child deserves the opportunities to pursue higher education.
We know it is our responsibility to prepare them for these challenges.
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is an in-school academic support program for students in grades 5-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success. AVID targets students in the academic middle who have the desire to go to college and the willingness to work hard. These are students who are capable of completing rigorous curriculum but who are presently falling short of their potential.